Orchids in bloom – June 2019 – Ready to vote?
Today we take a look at the new orchid blooms that we had in the month of June! No repeats from previous months 😀
? More info below! ?
Vote for your favorite orchid here: http://www.strawpoll.me/18253155
1. Dendrobium cuthbertsonii, I don’t think he will stop blooming any time soon 😛
2. Encyclia vitellina, one of the most orange orchids I own!
3. Bulbophyllum Daisy Chain ‘Purpurascens’, isn’t this a lovely surprise? I am in love with these Bulbos 😀
4. Phalaenopsis Little Gem Stripes, I used to have it a long time ago
5. Oncidium Katrin Zoch, one of the most floriferous orchids I know https://youtu.be/9znbTX_D2dc
6. Sophrocattleya Chester, I need to treat this orchid better!
7. Oncidium sotoanum, the parent of the famous Sharry Baby and Twinkles!
8. Beallara (Aliceara) Tahoma Glacier, as elegant as all Beallaras 😀
9. Maxillaria tenuifolia, does it smell like coconuts? Sure, why not :)))
10. Phalaenopsis Tying Shin Fly Eagle, who can not like her?
11. Laelia Zip, a first time b loomer and I love the color combo!
12. Cattleya NoID Magenta, these noIds… I love them 😛
13. Ascocenda Orange Mandarin, my first orange Vanda!
14. Phalaenopsis Sun Pasat, a slightly fragrant complex hybrid Phal!
15. Kirchara Jairak Kiss ‘Spot Lip’, never missed a year and I have her for 4 years or more!
16. Ascocentrum miniatum, the smallest flowers ever! More on Vandas https://youtu.be/pP91ZgMdZSs
Which is your favorite?
Ikson – Home
? Like my channel and want to help it grow? Consider getting some official merch! http://bit.ly/2RXOF5K
? Want to send me something? Here’s my address!
P.O. BOX 29002, CY-1620, Nicosia, Cyprus
? My environment:
Subtropical climate, hot summers and mild winters
60-90% humidity, always breezy
Growth space is kept at min 17C and max 29C
? What I use in my Grow Room:
LECA – Pokon or IKEA
Various organic mixes from rePotme http://bit.ly/2Dmu9mW
Sphagnum Moss – Spagmoss from Besgrow http://bit.ly/2LSZjEx or http://bit.ly/2WOF1D7
Fertilizer and supplements:
MSU Orchid fertilizer for osmosis / rain water http://bit.ly/2LS2bSg
Orchid Focus Bloom (when I need something low in N)
Pots, containers, baskets:
DIY self watering pots and masks from local flower shops
Lechuza self watering pots https://amzn.to/2wIUWq2
Wooden Vanda baskets http://bit.ly/2NfIlWI
Slotted pots from rePotme http://bit.ly/2Ds488b
LED shop panels from Leroy Merlin, 4000k
Tertial lamps from IKEA + 4000k LED bulbs (various brands)
Orvibo WiFi Smart Plugs https://amzn.to/2MLSR7T
Shirley’s Simple Shelving http://bit.ly/2qAcS1r
Lerberg and Mulig from IKEA
? See my video playlists!